Friday, July 25, 2014

Vintage decorating made easy and cheap

We bought my MILs house about 6 months ago and we are slowly remodeling. I love all things vintage, but I like bright, cheerful vintage not dark paneling...gold bath fixture vintage :/ Someday I will have to dig out my before pics and do a little show and tell of the whole house :)

Here is a pic of our wall in the dining area. I like how it turned out and it was super easy (and cheap)!




I made this hoop art for about $1 and it took about 60 seconds! I don't mind the stain because I LOVE the embroidery of the sweet little bird!

Vintage hoop and stained vintage linen bought at an estate sale

Back of hoop art


I made this wall hanging with a frame I purchased for $1 at tag sale and I spray painted it. I cut a stained vintage tablecloth for the artwork and stapled it to the back of the frame...total cost was about $5 and it took about a hour to make including the painting :)




Ava painted the cute flowers on a canvas from Michael's craft store and the black metal bird is from Hobby Lobby. I already had the canvas left over from a previous craft project and I bought the bird with a gift card I received from one of my awesome co-workers. We made the Choose Happy sign that was inspired from one I saw on the blog tatertots & jello and I already had the family sign....so I really didn't spend much out of pocket at all!!



I love the way everything came together and I really love the fact that I only spent about $7 to make it happen~



No comments: